I’m old enough at forty-five years old to remember when my little sister was my TV remote control (“Hey. I bet you can’t go change the channel really fast.” Sucker) and we had three network channels and PBS. I also remember when the summer was the absolute lull in TV viewing, with only re-runs and old movies playing every night since the big shows were on hiatus.
But now – thanks to the genius humans who created cable TV, DVR’s and DVD’s – I don’t have to drool over the TV Guide and wish for fall to arrive. I have sexy new heroes to bring those summer nights to the boiling point while I wait for my beloved Winchester brothers (Supernatural) to return to me. This is my short-list of the shows featuring my top summer hotties:
- Rush This show is about my absolute catnip hero – damaged and still unapologetically screwing up in a very bad way while being so damn sexy and vulnerable at the same time. Tom Ellis (from Dr Who!) plays Dr. William Rush, a man who caters to medical emergencies from shady clients who pay cash for his expertise and his discretion at the same time he battles his own drug use. It is dark and Rush is so sexy as he navigates his moving lines of morality that you just know you’ll be yelling at yourself the next time you slither out of his bed in the morning . . . but it won’t stop you from doing it again.
- Sons of Anarchy I know. I know. I’m late to the Sons party but that is what on-demand Amazon streaming is for! I have to admit that I would last about three seconds in an MC club before I junk-punched somebody for treating me like meat, but Charlie Hunman is a joy to watch as he struggles with his loyalty to the club and his own growth as an individual. Scruffy and slouchy (Stand up straight please!) and a tad bit emo, he is a mighty fine and sexy anti-hero.
- True Blood I hope I’m not spoiling anything but I stopped watching this show when they killed off my favorite werewolf and ruined any chance of me seeing miles of Joe Manganiello flesh in HD. But after a grieving period, I returned to watch the final season for one reason: Jason Stackhouse. That man might be dumb as a concrete block but when they let him be the Jason from Season 1 then tis all good. You remember the original Jason. The guy who screwed his way through town, had the best one-liners, and seemed to have no budget for actual clothing on the show? – when they brought that Jason back, it made up for the senseless aforementioned demise of my favorite lupine. Almost.
- Graceland Okay this show gives you four to five – yes, you read that right – undercover hotties to choose from in each episode. Add in the murky haze of distrust and mixed motives that permeates every move they make and you’ve got lots of potential for a sexy, bad boy moment or two. My favorite agent Paul Briggs (played by Daniel Sunjata) who is a heroin addict struggling with his recovery and the demons in his head and who constantly keeps me guessing about when he’s going to slide back to the dark side.
- Strikeback I took the summer to re-watch seasons 1-3 on DVD in preparation for the fourth and final season of this show in the Fall. This show features two larger-than-life soldiers who save the world on a weekly basis and they have the best bromance ever written. Damian Scott is the womanizing, world-weary cowboy of an American and Michael Stonebridge is the stoic, loyal, and deadly Brit. If you like your guys to blow stuff up, defeat bad guys, and treat women and children like precious gifts . . . you want to watch this show.
So, that’s it! My Top 5 TV show hotties for the summer – do you have any to add? Tell me please . . . it is a long, hot summer . . .
Robin Covington loves to explore the theme of fooling around and falling in love in her bestselling books. When she’s not writing sexy, sizzling romance she’s collecting tasty man candy pics, indulging in a little comic book geek love, and obsessing over Dean Winchester. Don’t send chocolate . . . send eye candy! Website: http://bit.ly/1lewhMg Facebook Profile: http://on.fb.me/YSW9n3 Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/1fCyWuQTwitter: @RobinCovington Newsletter sign up: http://eepurl.com/qjFcz Her latest novel is TEMPTATION.
She needs to be good.
At sixteen, Kit ditched her crappy life and moved to Nashville with only $200, her guitar, and a notebook full of songs. She hit it big, but five years of living like a rock star plus a stint in rehab has killed any good will she had with her label. The suits have ordered Kit to shape up or ship out of the limelight. The last thing she needs is a hot, sexy distraction with a sinful smile.
He doesn’t know the meaning of the word.
Max Butler is as far from a celebrity as you can get and he likes it that way. A Nashville firefighter, he’s living the single life with a revolving door of parties, friends, and a different woman in his bed every night. When his normal life suddenly collides with the girl on his favorite Rolling Stone cover, he sees the perfect chance to fulfill his ultimate fantasy and see just how bad Kit can be.
Sometimes bad is so very good.
With three weeks until Kit leaves for her big tour, Max promises to give her a break from being the good girl–no strings attached. But when hot days lead to sultry nights, the lines get blurred and suddenly three weeks of bad might not be good enough.