Alyssa shares her de-stress techniques with R@R today of which #4 looks like a favorite to me, what about you?
1. Explain to your little boy dog that a Christmas tree is not, in fact, INDOOR PLUMBING!!!
2. Take several rolls of refrigerator cookie dough to the neighborhood cookie exchange.
3. When you clean house before holiday guests arrive, throw all unsightly clutter in your kids’ closets and pretend you don’t know how it got there.
4. Two words: Spiced Rum.
5. Recycle gifts! Find toys the kids rarely play with and wrap them up; they’ll never notice.
6. Play hooky from your life one afternoon to sneak out to see The Hobbit, because there are elves in it, and break into a chorus of “We are Santa’s elves” if anyone tries to ask you where you were.
7. Wrap presents by dropping them in Ziploc bags to save all that bother of tape and ribbon.
8. “No, honey, this is Mommy’s Special Eggnog.”
9. Tell the kids that you have Santa’s PERSONAL email address and they better CUT IT OUT RIGHT NOW OR ELSE YOU’RE GOING TO USE IT.
10. Escape to a bubble bath with a glass of wine and a romance novel—life is so much better with a happily-ever-after!
Happy holidays! XOXO, Alyssa
Offer your own de-stress tip in the comments for a chance to win an autographed copy of Alyssa’s newest hot and sexy, action-packed, paranormal romantic thriller: Heart of Atlantis! (3 winners will be chosen!)
WINNERS announced below – thanks all for blogging with us!!
Alyssa Day is the pen name (and dark and tortured alter ego) of RITA award-winning author Alesia Holliday. As Alyssa, she writes the New York Times and USA Today best-selling Warriors of Poseidon paranormal series & the upcoming League of the Black Swan paranormal romance series and Tiger’s Eye Investigations urban fantasy series. Please visit Alyssa at www.AlyssaDay.com, Twitter.com/Alyssa_Day, or Facebook.com/AuthorAlyssaDay.
Buy her books here